March 13, 2020
Following a call with 30 Clubs, and after consultation with the Major League Baseball Players Association, Commissioner Robert D. Manfired, Jr. announced on Wednesday, March 12, 2020, that MLB has decided to suspend Spring Training games and to delay the start of the 2020 regular season by at two weeks due to the national emergency created by the coronavirus pandemic. This action is being taken in the interests of the safety and well-being of the players, Clubs and the millions of loyal fans.
MLB will continue to evaluate ongoing events leading up to the start of the season. Guidance related to daily operations and workouts will be relayed to Clubs in the coming days.
As of 4:00 p.m. (ET) Wednesday, forthcoming Spring Training games have been cancelled, and 2020 World Baseball Classic Qualifier games in Tucson, Arizona have been postponed indefinitely.
MLB and the Clubs have been preparing a variety of contingency plans regarding the 2020 regular season schedule. MLB will announce the effects on the schedule at an appropriate time and will remain flexible as events warrant, with the hope of resuming normal operations as soon as possible.
Nothing is more important to MLB than the health and safety of its players, employees and fans. MLB will continue to undertake the precautions and best practices recommended by public health experts. MLB sends their best wishes to all individuals and communities that have been impacted by the coronavirus.
Minor League Baseball (MiLB) issued the following statement on Thursday, “In light of the current coronavirus outbreak, and after consultation with medical professionals and our partners at Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball will delay the start of the 2020 Championship Season. We will continue to monitor the developments and will announce additional information about the 2020 season at a later date. We will work with Major League Baseball and our community partners to resume play as soon as it is safe to do so. The health and safety of Minor League Baseball fans, players and executives is our top priority, and our thoughts are with those around the world who have been affected by this outbreak.”Spring Training Refund Information for Atlanta Braves Games:
- Beach Club Members (Season ticket holders): Credit for all unplayed games will be placed into their account and applied towards their 2021 season ticket renewal. Should any currently unscheduled spring training games be added before the regular season begins, the Braves will be in contact with Beach Club Members.
- Groups who purchased through the CoolToday ticket office: Tickets will be automatically refunded within 30 days to original method of payment.
- Guests who purchased single game tickets through Ticketmaster: Tickets will be automatically to the original method of payment. Please allow 30 days for the refund to reflect in your account.
- For guests who purchased single game tickets at the CoolToday ticket office: Guests must return tickets to the ticket office during normal business hours for a full refund back to the original method of payment.
- Tickets purchased through third party vendors (StubHub, etc.): Guests must go back to the original point of purchase to inquire about a refund. StubHub buyers can call StubHub directly at 866-788-2482 to request a refund.