• *NEW* DODGEBALL: Beginning Thursday, April 2nd, 2020, the Destin Community Center will host open Dodgeball on Thursday nights from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Children ages 8 to 14 are welcome to participate in a night filled with friends, fun and dodgeball! The fee is $3/session for non-residents and $2/session for Destin residents. A waiver will be required for each child.
• CARDIO, SHAPE, AND STRETCH CLASS: Classes are every Monday from 9 to 10 am. These hi-low aerobics workout is set to increase strength and balance by using your body weight, core, and completed with a final stretch. Classes are $4 per class and are open to all ages and fitness levels.
• ZUMBA GOLD TONING: Classes are offered on Mondays from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm. Zumba Gold Toning is an effective full body workout combining light weight strength conditioning with the spicy rhythms of Zumba Gold. The fee is $6 per session.
• GENTLE YOGA: A Gentle Yoga class will be held at the Destin Community Center on Thursdays, from 12:00pm-1:00pm beginning January 2, 2020. This class is recommended for beginner exercisers and/or active older adults. Please bring a mat and towel.
• LINE DANCING: Line dancing class will be held at the Destin Community Center on Thursdays. Beginner lessons are 12:30-1:15pm, open dance is 1:15 to 1:45pm, and intermediate lessons are from 1:45-2:30pm. The class is $6 per session.
• SHAPE AND SCULPT CLASS: The City of Destin will offer a shape and sculpt fitness class on Wednesdays from 9 am to 10 am. This lightweight workout is set to fun music with a focus on strengthening your muscles, balance, and core. Classes are $4 per class and are open to all ages and fitness levels.
• CHAIR YOGA: The Destin Community Center will offer chair Yoga every Thursday from 10:00 am – 11:00am. The class will cover traditional yoga poses from a chair, for lower impact. The cost is $4 per class and is open to everyone.
• ZUMBA GOLD: The Destin Community Center will offer Zumba Gold classes every Thursday from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm. Zumba Gold is a low impact class using Latin music for fitness/dance. Fee is $6 per session.
• TABLE TENNIS: Table Tennis at the Destin Community Center is available for spirited competition on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 am – 12 pm. Paddles and balls are provided. Fee: $3 for non-residents or $2 for Destin (year-round) residents.
• PICKLEBALL: Sessions are offered at the Destin Community Center on Mondays from 12:30 until 3:30pm, Tuesdays from 2 to 3:30pm, Wednesdays 10:30am until 1:30pm, Thursday 2:30 to 4:30pm, & Fridays from 10:30am until 1:30pm. The fee is $3 per session. Racquets and balls are available; just bring your gym shoes!
• GAME ROOM: The game room at the Destin Community Center is open to children age 10 and older. Children under 10 years must be accompanied by an adult. The game room has a pool table, air hockey and foosball. The game room is open Monday through Thursday (8:00 am – 9:00 pm) and Friday (8:00 am – 6:00 pm).
• DESTIN SENIOR MEMBERSHIP: Join the Destin Seniors Membership to enjoy multiple festivities including the senior lunch bunch, potluck, casino trips, bingo, chair exercise, knitting, scrabble, and Mexican dominoes. Members must be a Destin Resident to join. For more information about becoming a member of the Destin Seniors please call the Destin Community Center at 850-654-5184.
• SENIOR KNITTING: Senior knitting sessions and lessons for beginners and all skill levels are held at the Destin Senior Center located at Buck Destin Park, 724 Legion Drive, every Wednesday, from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm. No registration required, just drop in.
• DESTIN SENIOR CHAIR EXERCISE 50+ YEARS: Destin Senior Chair Exercise classes are offered at the Buck Destin Park on Monday and Wednesday mornings from 10:00 am – 10:45 am for Destin residents. The chair exercise consists of light exercises to help improve balance, flexibility, strength, and circulation. The class is free for Destin residents. For more information call 850-654-5184.
• DESTIN SENIOR WALKING CLUB: Join the Destin Senior Members for a walk around the Destin Community Center’s gymnasium on Monday-Friday from 8 am – 9 am. All miles walked will be added to our “team map” as we travel from one region to the next. The team’s miles are reported on the 4th Friday of each month at the Destin Senior Membership’s Potluck. For more information call the Destin Community Center 850-654-5184.
• DESTIN SENIOR BOOK CLUB: The Destin Senior Members meet for their monthly Book Club Meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at the Destin Library at 10 am to review the chosen book of the month. The Destin Library is located at 150 Sibert Avenue. For more information call the Destin Community Center 850-654-5184.
• SENIOR DROP-IN HOURS: The Destin Senior Center located at Buck Destin Park, located at 724 Legion Drive, offers senior drop-in hours every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Seniors (50 years and older) meet to enjoy each other’s company, participate in games such as Mexican Train Dominoes, Scrabble, Poker, etc.
• The City of Destin’s Annual Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Saturday, April 11th, 2020, at Morgan Sports Center beginning at 9:00 am. The Easter Egg Hunt is for ages 12 and under, with a special egg hunting zone for crawlers & toddlers. For more information, please call the City of Destin Recreation Department at 650-1241 or email email@example.com. Persons with disabilities who require assistance to participate in this event are requested to notify the Recreation Manager at 850-650-1241 at least 48 hours in advance.
Please call the Community Center at 850-654-5184 for more information.